As a self-taught Android app developer, initially I found it really hard to find the right resources to learn android app development.
As internet is filled with numerous tutorials, it’s hard to find right resources.
To make things easy, I thought I’d share what I have found useful.
So, here’s a list of free resources that I’ve found useful :
- If you have not setup Android Studio, read this : Getting started with Android development – Tutorial
- If you have setup Android Studio and are on the verge of starting, watch this : Writing your first Android app – everything you need to know
- If you are comfortable with Android Studio and basics and can understand the language of official document, then use this : Official Training Guide
- They also have a guide for building your very first app : Build your first app
- Follow this for everything else, this awesome guide : The new step by step guide detailing how to get started developing Android apps
- For Kotlin you can refer this : Build Your First Android App in Kotlin
- Vogella is one of the best sites to learn.
- Read and join : reddit.com/r/androiddev
- Tutorials Point is good for beginners.
- The best one is : Codepath .
- Search/Ask your questions here : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/android
- And here : https://www.quora.com/topic/Android-Application-Development
- Glossary : https://developers.google.com/android/for-all/vocab-words/
For Kotlin :
For learning Kotlin, you can start here : https://bewtechnologies.com/2021/08/11/learn-kotlin-1-types-operators-arrays-and-loops/
More suggestions are welcome!
Share this with those who need this!
And now that you have started to learn Android app development, you might be wondering what to build? My suggestion : Start with a small idea.